primary: year 6
- Closely follows the Primary National Curriculum
- English and Maths topics taught that are specific to the year 6 SATs
- Small groups ensuring ample individual attention. (1 tutor to 8 pupils max)
- Formal assessments with detailed termly reports
- Enrolment at any time of the year
What will your child learn?
Our SATs Booster programme ensures your child develops a sound grasp of Maths and English topics that will be assessed. The programme has been developed by qualified primary teachers to meet national requirements of the year 6 SATs examination.
- Speaking and listening
- Learn & apply spelling rules / patterns
- Learn & apply grammatical features
- Build on and learn a wide range of vocabulary
- Write for different purposes
- Consider the purpose of a text
- Read a range of fiction and non-fiction texts
- Use of a range of punctuations for different effects
- Number and place value
- Consolidate using the 4 operations
- Handling data
- Fraction, decimals and percentages
- Position and movement
- Mental maths
- Applying maths reasoning to ‘real life’ problems
Fees, discounts & support
annual one-off fee
MONTHLY TUITION FEES
- 1 hour of maths followed by 1 hour of English tuition
- Parents receive regular weekly verbal/written feedback and detailed end of term report
- Small year 6 SATs group with a maximum of 8 pupils to 1 tutor
Reduce your tuition fees by up to 85%
1. When can my child start?
You can start at any time of the academic year and your child(ren) will make progress. However, to get the most out of the booster classes we recommend starting at the beginning of the academic year.
2. What year groups are the SATs booster classes for?
SATs Booster classes are for year 6 children only.
3. How long are the booster classes?
Our SATs booster group sessions are 2 hours and 10 minutes long. Children have a one hour English lesson, then a 10-minute break followed by a second hour Maths lesson.
4. How many children are there in the booster classes?
We have a fixed ratio of up to 8 children to every 1 tutor within our booster classes. In addition to this our booster classes are year specific making them an extremely targeted form of tutoring.
5. How will you teach my child(ren)?
Children learn in various ways whether they it be visual, auditory, reading / writing or kinesthetic. All our tutors are very experienced with teaching children using various methods to ensure they understand what is being taught. Primary tutors give lots of examples whether it be using the whiteboard, discussing verbally or demonstrating practically.
6. Will my child(ren) receive homework?
Yes. Children are given homework for Maths and English on a weekly basis (except for assessment weeks). All homework is based on what a child has learnt in the lesson and is designed to reinforce their learning. Ones returned, homework is marked and explained with further examples.
7. How much homework will my child(ren) receive?
Homework will vary on a week by week basis. Tutors typically give 4 sheets for each subject. However, if a child would like additional homework, the tutor can make the relevant arrangements within reason.
8. Will I be informed regularly of my child(ren)s progress?
Yes, all our children have weekly progress reports which will let you know how they did in their classwork, homework and including work ethic. Tutors and parents can also write comments within the weekly reports which make them a great way of ensuring regular communication between your child(ren)s tutor and yourself.
9. What qualifications and experience do the tutors have?
All our primary tutors are fully qualified primary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Our primary tutors have experience delivering the Primary National Curriculum for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 within a school-based setting.
10. What will they be taught in the SATs Booster class?
Children are taught English and Maths that are relevant to the SATs examination at the end of year 6. Topics that are taught are all in line with the current Primary National Curriculum. A list of topics can be found at the top of this page.