primary: ages 4-5
- Closely follows the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework
- Literacy and Numeracy topics taught that are specific to reception
- Children tutored on a 1-2-1 basis ensuring ample individual attention
- Regular feedback with detailed termly reports
- Enrolment at any time of the year
What will your child learn?
Our Reception Tuition ensures your child develops a sound grasp of Numeracy and Literacy topics according to the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework. The programme has been developed by and is delivered by qualified and experienced primary teachers.
- Speaking clearly and grammatically
- Listening carefully
- Making up stories, rhymes and poems
- Naming and sounding letters
- Linking sounds to letters (phonics)
- Recognising groups of letters
- Hearing and saying sounds in words
- Recognising familiar and common words
- Understanding a story structure
- Writing recognisable letters
- Writing their name
- Writing labels, captions and mini books
- Phonics to write words
- Simple sentences
- Basic punctuation
- Basic spelling
- Counting to ten and beyond
- Recognising the numbers 1 to 20
- Counting aloud
- Estimating and checking
- Positioning items
- Using a number line
- Simple adding and subtracting
- Sharing objects
- Finding a total
- Comparing numbers
- Comparing quantities
- Recognising simple patterns
- Naming and describing shapes
- Describe the position of objects
- Sorting objects
- Ordering objects
- Matching shapes and patterns
Fees, discounts & support
annual one-off fee
MONTHLY TUITION FEES
- 1 hour literacy and/or numeracy tutoring following the EYFS framework
- Parents receive regular weekly verbal/written feedback and detailed end of term report
- Individualised and bespoke one on one provision with a qualified primary teacher
Reduce your tuition fees by up to 85%
1. When can my child start?
You can start at any time of the academic year and your child(ren) will make progress.
2. How long are the lessons?
Our lessons are hourly and we recommend lessons that are no longer than one hour for reception children.
3. How many children are there in the lesson?
Our reception tuition is on a one to one basis only, making them an extremely targeted form of learning support.
4. What will my child(ren) be taught?
Children are taught literacy and numeracy topics in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework. A list of topics can be found at the top of this page.
5. How will you teach my child(ren)?
Children learn in various ways whether it be visual, auditory, reading / writing or kinesthetic. All our tutors are very experienced with teaching children using various methods to ensure they understand what is being taught. Reception tutors will give lots of visual and auditory instructions and examples.
6. Where will my child work?
Children will work in one of the designated one on one suites.
7. Will my child(ren) receive homework?
Yes. Reception children are given an appropriate amount of homework on a weekly basis. All homework is based on what a child has learnt in the lesson and is designed to reinforce their learning.
8. Will I be informed regularly of my child(ren)s progress?
Yes, all our children have weekly progress reports which will let you know how they did in their classwork, homework and including work ethic. Tutors and parents can also write comments within the weekly reports which make them a great way of ensuring regular communication between your child(ren)s tutor and yourself.
9. What qualifications and experience do the tutors have?
All our primary tutors are fully qualified primary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Our primary tutors have experience delivering lessons around the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework within a school-based setting.
10. Are all staff DBS cleared?
Yes all our staff are DBS cleared.