how we teach
All children have the potential to succeed and we endeavour to shape this potential into real results
The Cohort Process
Flexible Lesson Structures
Assessments & parent feedback
All students at Cohort Tuition from reception to GCSE receive a weekly feedback report. At Cohort Tuition, we are passionate about keeping parents informed every step of the way. We know first hand as qualified educators that learning at any organisation is maximised and effective when parents are kept informed and support educators in the learning process. Our weekly reports are a great way to keep up to date and informed on a child’s learning journey and weekly progress.
- Stay informed on how your child has performed with class work and homework
- Parents section within report allows you to leave written comments for your child’s tutor
- Track how your child is progressing with classwork and homework over the whole term and academic year
We have an open door policy in relation to feedback. Our timetable is designed to allow our parents to have a quick verbal conversation if they so feel with their child’s tutor, without impacting the next tutoring session. We believe that regular conversations about a child’s learning are extremely helpful in not only keeping our parents informed but also in making it clear to our learners that we are working with mum and dad. We know from experience as teachers, regular conversations with parents equate to more focussed learners in the classroom.
- Get immediate feedback on your child’s progress
- Address any concerns directly with your child’s tutor
- Receive advice on how to better support your child’s learning directly from their tutor
Assessment is a pivotal part of the learning process at Cohort Tuition. It helps our tutors identify areas of weakness and put strategies in place to help their learners overcome any challenges they may be having. Assessments are conducted on a regular basis through a variety of methods, from short tests to full past papers students attempt at home. In addition to this, all Cohort Tuition students sit termly formal assessments to help maintain and track progress.
- Provides an opportunity to review work
- Gives learners targets and goals to aim towards
- Provides valuable information on strengths and weaknesses which ultimately aid learning
Communication between home and your child’s tutor is further reinforced through our detailed end of term reports. These are written and emailed out to parents at the end of every term after our students have completed their end of term assessments. Our end of term reports give a detailed breakdown of a learners targets, achievements and their most recent end of term assessment scores. The end of term report also summarises weekly report feedback in one convenient location.
- Detailed analysis of a students targets, current areas of strength and feedback on how to support them
- A detailed breakdown of topics taught that term
- Summarised review of classwork, homework and work ethic