AS / A Level: years 12-13
- Closely follows relevant AS/A Level maths specifications
- Small groups ensuring ample individual attention (1 tutor to 8 pupils max).
- Formal termly assessments
- Enrolment at any time of the year
A Level Maths Tutors
What will your child learn?
Our AS / A Level Maths Booster programmes are run for students in year 12 or 13. The programme ensures pupils develop a sound grasp of AS / A Level maths topics, skills and concepts in time for their final A Level Exams. The programme has been developed by qualified and specialist maths teachers and closely follows requirements of relevant AS / A Level examination boards.
Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Differentiation and Integration
Algebra and Functions, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and logarithms, Differentiation and Integration
Algebra and Functions, Trigonometry, Exponentials and Logarithms, Differentiation, Integration and Numerical Methods
Algebra and Functions, Coordinate Geometry in the plane, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and Logarithms, Differentiation and Integration, Vectors
Numerical Measures, Probability, Binomial Distribution, Normal Distribution, Estimation and Correlation and Regression
Mathematical Modelling, Kinematics in One and Two Dimensions, Statics and Forces, Momentum, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Connected Particles and Projectiles
Fees, discounts & support
annual one-off fee
MONTHLY TUITION FEES
- 2 hours of AS / A Level maths tuition
- Lessons closely follow relevant AS / A Level maths exam specification
- Small age specific year 12 or 13 groups with a maximum of 8 pupils to 1 tutor
Reduce your tuition fees by up to 85%
1. When can my child start?
You can start at any time of the academic year and your child(ren) will make progress. However, to get the most out of the booster classes we recommend starting at the beginning of the academic year.
2. What year groups are the AS / A Level Maths Booster classes for?
3. How long are the booster classes?
Our Maths Booster group sessions are 2 hours and 10 minutes long. Students study for a 1 hour lesson, then a 10-minute break followed by a second 1 hour lesson.
4. How many students are there in the booster classes?
We have a fixed ratio of up to 8 students to every 1 tutor within our booster classes. In addition to this our booster classes are year specific making them an extremely targeted form of tutoring.
5. How do you teach?
Our booster classes are designed to compliment all the major examination boards with a particular focus on boards utilized by local sixth form and colleges. There is a significant overlap in content and material required between the different examination boards, especially since the recent changes to the AS / A Level maths specifications.
6. Do you give homework?
7. How much homework do you give?
Homework will vary on a week by week basis. However, if pupils would like additional homework, their tutor can make the relevant arrangements within reason.
8. Will I be informed regularly of my child's progress?
9. What qualifications and experience do the tutors have?
All our AS / A Level maths tutors are subject specialists and the vast majority are also qualified teachers with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Our AS / A Level maths tutors have experience delivering exam board specific AS / A Level matrialial.
10. What will they be taught for AS / A Level maths?
We have carefully planned weekly lessons for the whole year. Topics that are taught are all in line with the current exam board specifications for AS / A Level Maths. A list of topics can be found at the top of this page.