AS / A Level: years 12-13
AS / A Level Biology Booster
- Closely follows relevant AS / A Level biology specifications
- Small groups ensuring ample individual attention (1 tutor to 8 pupils max)
- Formal termly assessments
- Enrolment at any time of the year
What will your child learn?
- Biological molecules
- Organisms exchange substances with their environment
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms
- Energy transfers in and between organisms (A-level only)
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments (A-level only)
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems (A-level only)
- The control of gene expression (A-level only)
Fees, discounts & support
annual one-off fee
MONTHLY TUITION FEES
- 2 hours of AS / A Level biology tuition
- Lessons closely follow relevant AS / A Level biology exam specification
- Small age specific year 12 or 13 groups with a maximum of 8 pupils to 1 tutor
Reduce your tuition fees by up to 85%
1. When can my child start?
You can start at any time of the academic year and your child(ren) will make progress. However, to get the most out of the booster classes we recommend starting at the beginning of the academic year.
2. What year groups are the AS / A Level Biology Booster classes for?
3. How long are the booster classes?
Our Biology Booster group sessions are 2 hours and 10 minutes long. Students study for a 1 hour lesson, then a 10-minute break followed by a second 1 hour lesson.
4. How many students are there in the booster classes?
5. How do you teach?
Our booster classes are designed to compliment all the major examination boards with a particular focus on boards utilized by local sixth form and colleges. There is a significant overlap in content and material required between the different examination boards, especially since the recent changes to the AS / A Level biology specifications.
6. Do you give homework?
7. How much homework do you give?
Homework will vary on a week by week basis. However, if pupils would like additional homework, their tutor can make the relevant arrangements within reason.
8. Will I be informed regularly of my child's progress?
9. What qualifications and experience do the tutors have?
All our AS / A Level biology tutors are subject specialists and the vast majority are also qualified teachers with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Our AS / A Level biology tutors have experience delivering exam board specific AS / A Level matrialial.
10. What will they be taught for AS / A Level biology?
We have carefully planned weekly lessons for the whole year. Topics that are taught are all in line with the current exam board specifications for AS / A Level Biology. A list of topics can be found at the top of this page.