primary: years 1-6
English & Maths Booster
- Closely follows the Primary National Curriculum
- An hour of English and an hour of maths every week
- Small groups ensure ample individual attention. (1 tutor to 8 pupils on average)
- Formal assessments with detailed termly reports
- Enrolment at any time of the year
What will your child learn?
Our English and Maths Booster programme ensures your child develops a sound grasp of core topics. The programme has been developed by qualified primary teachers to compliment the Primary National Curriculum for literacy and numeracy.
- Speaking and listening
- Learn & apply spelling rules / patterns
- Learn & apply grammatical features
- Build on and learn a wide range of vocabulary
- Write for different purposes
- Consider the purpose of a text
- Read a range of fiction and non-fiction texts
- Use of a range of punctuations for different effects
- Number and place value
- Consolidate using the 4 operations
- Handling data
- Fraction, decimals and percentages
- Algebra (KS2 only)
- Position and movement
- Mental maths
- Applying maths reasoning to ‘real life’ problems
Fees, discounts & support
annual one-off fee
MONTHLY TUITION FEES
- 1 hour of maths followed by 1 hour of English tuition
- Parents receive regular weekly verbal/written feedback and detailed end of term report
- Small age-based groups with an average of 8 pupils to 1 tutor
Reduce your tuition fees by up to 85%
1. When can my child start?
You can start at any time of the academic year and your child(ren) will make progress. However, to get the most out of the booster classes we recommend starting at the beginning of the academic year.
2. What year groups are the booster classes for?
We have year group specific booster classes for children in year 1, year 2, year 3, year 4, year 5 and year 6. All our booster tuition sessions are delivered in age appropriate classes.
3. How long are the booster classes?
Our English and Maths booster group sessions are 2 hours and 10 minutes long. Children have a one hour English lesson, then a 10-minute break followed by a second hour Maths lesson.
4. How many children are there in the booster classes?
In our booster classes, we ensure an average of 8 children per tutor, with a maximum of 9 students to 1 tutor. These classes are specifically designed for children in the same year group, offering highly targeted and focused tutoring.
5. How will you teach my child(ren)?
Children learn in various ways whether it be visual, auditory, reading / writing or kinesthetic. All our tutors are very experienced with teaching children using various methods to ensure they understand what is being taught. Primary tutors give lots of examples whether it be using the whiteboard, discussing verbally or demonstrating practically.
6. Will my child(ren) receive homework?
Yes. Children are given homework for Maths and English on a weekly basis (except for assessment weeks). All homework is based on what a child has learnt in the lesson and is designed to reinforce their learning. Once returned, homework is marked and explained with further examples.
7. How much homework will my child(ren) receive?
Homework will vary on a week by week basis. Tutors typically give 4 sheets for each subject. However, if a child would like additional homework, the tutor can make the relevant arrangements within reason.
8. Will I be informed regularly of my child(ren)s progress?
Yes, all our children have weekly progress reports which will let you know how they did in their classwork, homework and including work ethic. Tutors and parents can also write comments within the weekly reports which make them a great way of ensuring regular communication between your child(ren)s tutor and yourself.
9. What qualifications and experience do the tutors have?
All our primary tutors are fully qualified primary teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Our primary tutors have experience delivering the Primary National Curriculum for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 within a school-based setting.
10. What will they be taught for English and Maths?
We have carefully planned weekly lessons for the whole year. Topics that are taught are all in line with the current Primary National Curriculum. A list of topics can be found at the top of this page.