1. How can I pay my fees?
- Debit/Credit Card in person
- Bank Transfer (account details and instructions will be on your invoice)
- Automatically or manually via our Parent Portal (Tutor Cruncher)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Tax-Free Childcare
- Universal Credits for Childcare
- Tax Credits for Childcare
- Childcare Grants
- Salary Sacrifice
Please note, payments made via Cash, Debit/Credit Card (at any one of our centres), Bank Transfer and PayPal will incur a £10 administration charge. Payment made via Debit/Credit Card through our online parent portal and any approved third-party payment schemes such as childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare etc will not incur this administrative charge.
2. Can I pay my fees in person?
We do not recommend this, we recommend payment via our parent portal online. Payment made in person may incur an additional £10 payment administration charge.
3. When do I pay my fees?
Parents/pupils will have an invoice automatically generated at the end of a particular month for all lessons booked in that particular month. Invoices will be made available on the client portal at the beginning of the following month and also emailed to the main email address provided upon registration. Invoiced must be paid within three days of receiving them, the easiest way to do this is to allow the invoice to be automatically paid through the parent portal from the assigned debit/credit card unless an approved third-party payment service is being used.
4. Can I pay my fees on a weekly basis?
We do not normally accept and process payments on a weekly basis, payments are normally made in full at the end of a calendar month after our system generates an invoice for you based on the number of scheduled lessons. Parents can opt to on a weekly basis top up their parent portal with credit so that they do no encounter a big bill at the end of the month. Our system will automatically collect payment from your credit balance.
5. What happens if I am late with my payment?
If you are late with your payment, then there may be an additional late administration charge applied to your invoice.
6. Do I have to pay if I miss a lesson?
This depends on the type of lessons you have with us;
- If your child is attending 1-2-1 lessons with us, then as long as you provide us with 48 hours notice, any lessons you miss will be removed from your invoice or credited back to you if you have already paid for them. This will only apply as long as you are not missing lessons frequently.
- If your child is attending a Booster Group lesson with us, then you are still charged for the lessons regardless of attendance and despite any notice you provide. This policy applies for the whole academic year, except for the month of August. During this month, any group lessons you miss will not be charged as long as you provide us with 48 hours notice.
7. Why do you require 48 hours notice? My child may fall ill in the morning.
We require 48 hours notice as we need to contact the parents of other students and move them on the timetable, in order for the tutor to not have a gap on the day. If you provide less than the required amount of notice and we are unable to notify the tutor and make any relevant changes to the timetable, we still have to pay the tutor and as a result, you are still charged.
However, if you have an exceptional emergency on the day, for example, an accident, death in the family, etc. Please contact the center at your earliest convenience, depending on the individual situation, lesson fee’s may be waived at the discretion of the center manager. This will, however, need to be an exceptional emergency and evidence may have to be provided. A cold in the morning, unfortunately, would not constitute an emergency.
8. Why do you charge if my child is unable to attend a Booster Group lesson?
We have a fixed ratio of 1 tutor to 8 children in our booster classes. As a result, many of our Booster Groups get fully booked and have students waiting for spaces. When a child is absent, we do not simply give that space away for one lesson, that space is reserved for the absent student. As a result, for our Booster Groups, if your child is absent, you still pay for the lesson. We do, however, as a goodwill gesture, post out any classwork and homework. We stress, this is a goodwill gesture, you are not paying for the classwork and homework to be sent out as there would be an additional postage charge applied if we charged for it.
9. If I miss a lesson can I make it up?
This depends on the type of lessons you have with us;
- If your child is attending 1-2-1 lessons with us, then you simply make up the lesson the following week.
- If your child is attending a Booster Group lesson with us, then you cannot make up the lesson the following week as the classes move on. However, for example, if you are absent for a Saturday morning Booster Group. You will be able to attend any other like for like Booster Group, at any other time either on a Saturday or Sunday, at any of our centers, as long as its the same weekend. You must, however, arrange this with the center manager.
10. Do I have to pay if the tuition center is closed?
No, you will not be charged when we are closed. To charge you, when we are closed would be unfair, unjust and plain and simply wrong. At Cohort Tuition, we are passionate about being fair and just to all our stakeholders.